Jesse Bird Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Riding a dolphin through the train? What is going on?

This is a long read, long dream, but very emotional, and I feel that is also very important. Help with interpetation, will be VERY appreciated.

I think it begins with my mother.

I am worried about the fact she doesn't have anything to keep her busy. She complains to me that she could have gone to London if she hadn't had to do something relating to me, I think, not sure what. I think she is cooking for me. I tell her she should think about becoming a gem inspector, maybe go live in a community where she can become more socially involved.

Now I'm in a train station. I go on one of the trains, and begin switching trains in the hopes of finding my to the airport. I want to fly off to London. I ask a security man, which signals I'm on the right train.Then I start thinking about the fact I have no money, nothing on me, and it would be stupid to fly off so unprepared. I start thinking about what I'm going to do there, will I find a job? Should I go on acting auditions? I feel like I should, like I am going to make it in life. I decide to return home for now, to prepare.
    I get off the train, and I notice there is a river rail in between every few train rails. Like an actual river, that is in the form of a rail, in between the rails. I see a dolphin. I go to it, and it comes out, or I pull it out, but now I'm riding it through the train station, over the rails. People are jumping out of me and the dolphin's way, we are literally flying through air, out of the train station, on onto the last 'river rail' where the dolphin jumps back in the water. The dolphin takes my hand in his mouth, I get startled. I'm thinking he decided to eat me, so I pull my hand out. A thought comes to my mind, maybe he was just saying goodbye? I put out my hand once more, he grabs it in his mouth, yet I am not pulling it out this time. He shakes it playfully, nodding his head. I pet him on his head.

I turn around to the other side of that river rail, which is empty, no water. For a second, I see a whale. Then, I see two dark brown horses fighting to death. A terrible battle of survival, it looked awful. I feel that my house, which in the dream is my grandmother's old house, is on the other side. I am a little afraid to pass through, not to get in the fight, but eventually I do. I walk past it, when a horse just like the two fighting comes running from behind me. He is untamed, yet somehow I jump on it, riding it for a few seconds before jumping off in fear he will push me off. I think about the fact my mother is home. I think she is sowing something.

Alarm clock goes off.

------

A few facts:

My mother is retired, and we tend to fight a lot.
    I am almost done with a year of national service, which I can't wait to be over with, so I can begin with life. I have a few passions I wish to pursue, and I keep thinking about which is really the important one for me, which one should I REALLY fight for, go after. Right now, I'm thinking about going to London, thus the dream. I'm thinking - maybe I should try acting? Or go with writing, which is my proven passion, or maybe something else? I have very high expectations, and I worry about not succeeding in life, about having regrets.

So, any ideas?
    (:
    Last edited by Jesse Bird; 06-28-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Jesse Bird Guest

Sewing Something*
    My way to the airport*

Couldn't edit for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bird View Post
    Sewing Something*
    My way to the airport*

Couldn't edit for some reason.
    Hi,
    You can only edit up to a few hours after posting. Perhaps you left it too late.
    Regarding your dream:
    Dreams are about what is happening in your sleep. You get a stream of thoughts in your mind and your subconscious turns it into a fabulous dream story.
    Although your dream seems to be long, it probably started when the alarm clock went off!. Your subconscious can create a fairytale in a fraction af a second.
    The dream reflects your creative imagination, with the tranride and the dolphin piggiback on the rails! In sleep you simulate or actually make the movements the dream suggests. If you read your dream text you can associate the movements a waking sleeper makes after a good nights sleep.
    The dolphin takes my hand in his mouth, I get startled. I'm thinking he decided to eat me, so I pull my hand out. A thought comes to my mind, maybe he was just saying goodbye? I put out my hand once more, he grabs it in his mouth, yet I am not pulling it out this time. He shakes it playfully, nodding his head. I pet him on his head.
    The above quote shows how your dream makes you move your hand and eases you towards waking fully: Alarm clock goes off
    Creative people tend to have interesting dreams as their imagination tends to run riot! both in sleep and in waking! :)
    What nationality are you? If you want to be an actor or writer, you will have to improve your English.
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Jesse Bird Guest

Well, I appreciate your reply, even though it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I understand how a dream functions, what I am looking for is help interpeting it.

As for the lovely proffesion-related comment, English is not my native tongue. I don't think it's that bad, at least not for an actor - You don't write the lines, you know what I mean?

Cheers.

cherubin101 Guest

Default your interpretation

hello Jesse!

I am worried about the fact she doesn't have anything to keep her busy. She complains to me that she could have gone to London if she hadn't had to do something relating to me, I think, not sure what. I think she is cooking for me. I tell her she should think about becoming a gem inspector, maybe go live in a community where she can become more socially involved.
    This part of the dream is the opposite. In your dream, you see yourself as your mother who wants to go to London. You wish that you finish what you need to do first before going to London to become someone you really like to do as acting or writing. This is the kind of environment you wanted.

Now I'm in a train station. I go on one of the trains, and begin switching trains in the hopes of finding my to the airport. I want to fly off to London. I ask a security man, which signals I'm on the right train.Then I start thinking about the fact I have no money, nothing on me, and it would be stupid to fly off so unprepared. I start thinking about what I'm going to do there, will I find a job? Should I go on acting auditions? I feel like I should, like I am going to make it in life. I decide to return home for now, to prepare.
    The train symbolizes your journey being on the right track. You are switching your life to become more productive and secure. Flying to London means you are set for something new. Seeing that you don’t have money to fly off means you are not confident enough to go and you want to be prepared before you go and plan it really well.

I get off the train, and I notice there is a river rail in between every few train rails. Like an actual river, that is in the form of a rail, in between the rails. I see a dolphin. I go to it, and it comes out, or I pull it out, but now I'm riding it through the train station, over the rails. People are jumping out of me and the dolphin's way, we are literally flying through air, out of the train station, on onto the last 'river rail' where the dolphin jumps back in the water. The dolphin takes my hand in his mouth, I get startled. I'm thinking he decided to eat me, so I pull my hand out. A thought comes to my mind, maybe he was just saying goodbye? I put out my hand once more, he grabs it in his mouth, yet I am not pulling it out this time. He shakes it playfully, nodding his head. I pet him on his head.
    After getting of the train means once you accomplish getting to London you see rivers means you will be happy that you accomplish it because you are being decisive to every thing you do in your life and you let it flow in you. The trails are your steps or your journey to life. Seeing dolphin in between trails means you are being spiritual. You have ability to explore and to direct your life the way you wanted to be. Riding the dolphin means you are letting to move yourself emotionally and spiritually. Flying with the dolphin means you are emotionally free. Dolphin takes your hand into his mouth means to express your emotion kind a like writing it (you say you like writing and this is probably the best way to go) the dolphin nodding means you need to put your mouth or your thoughts into writing it. The dolphin is saying go with your hands. This answers your question whether if you want to be an actor or a writer.

I turn around to the other side of that river rail, which is empty, no water. For a second, I see a whale. Then, I see two dark brown horses fighting to death. A terrible battle of survival, it looked awful. I feel that my house, which in the dream is my grandmother's old house, is on the other side. I am a little afraid to pass through, not to get in the fight, but eventually I do. I walk past it, when a horse just like the two fighting comes running from behind me. He is untamed, yet somehow I jump on it, riding it for a few seconds before jumping off in fear he will push me off. I think about the fact my mother is home. I think she is sowing something.
    Now the turning around means looking at your past and in the past was an empty river means not being happy for what you are or not being spiritual and emotionally involved to everything you do. Whale means big job or big responsibilities. You are struggling in your duties this could be your presents now or could be the future once you go to London. But I don’t think that is your future. The two dark brown horses fighting to death means a two mystery in your life like “what if”. You are wondering what it would be look like in the future if you become this or that or like you want to become an actor or a writer. You are wondering if the outcome of it will be good or not whether you will be successful or not. Those are the possibility or the mystery of getting through the two horses. When you past the two horses or when you finally know what you like to be then another untamed horse comes running behind you and you jump on it and ride the horse means you become emotionally be free or you know what you need to do with no one stoping you. And to see your mother sowing means new beginnings.

I hope this answer your question and I think you will be happy if you fallow what you love to do. Good luck!

Jesse Bird Guest

Cherubin,
    What a lovely, detailed response! I appreciate your help very much. It sheds a lot of light on the dream, and my future! And of course, eventualy I will only do what I love most.

Thank you very much friend,
    cheers!

Rohan Guest

I know that a lot of the interpretations say that it's a sign of "a new birth, or new beginning." But it's so real and the maternal feelings are so strong in both dreams that I'm having a hard time interpreting them that way.