Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, shadow people

I used to experience this all the time. In fact, very funny, when I was dating a now ex of mine I had sleep paralysis. A jacket at the end of the bed started lifting and something was there. I couldn't really call out, but suddenly, my ex was there in the room and the thing went away. I then was fully awake and my ex wasn't there. I actually asked him later if he had come in the room but he said no. Very crazy stuff.

My family and I experienced this a lot when we lived in a haunted house. I`m not trying to scare you but it`s true. Luckily we got rid of the spirit and the lucid dreaming stopped. Most often the feeling would be like a dream we had to fight to wake up from. As if something were trying to keep us asleep to continue our night mare. I broke the paralysis the second time it happen to me by imagining an invisible force field appearing between me and whatever was holding me down. Once I imagined the energy field separating me from whatever I thought it was, I broke free of the paralysis and sat straight up. Creped out, I left my room for a moment to collect myself. The paralysis continued with my family but It never happened to me again. the same technique worked for the lucid dreams you cant seem to wake up from no matter how hard you try. just imagine the force field/energy surrounding you and separating you from everything and all the energy surrounding you. I imagined it as breaking some kind of link that was keeping me asleep. Like cutting off an IV by imagining a razor sharp energy cutting through the IV line.

I forgot to add, after I separated myself from whatever was paralyzing me I pushed it away with the energy I imagined separated us. That`s when I broke free of the paralysis.

Your experience is more common than you know. I know many many people who have had the same type of experience. I believe you were visited by a demon or a dark evil presence. When I was 15, and experimenting with pot, I had a similar experience. I was laying in bed and was overcome with a paralysis. My chest was heavy like something was sitting on it. My throat was tight like something was squeezing it. I could not move but I could see and feel dark entities around my bed. There were at least 5. I knew that if I could just say the word Jesus they would be commanded to leave. But I couldn't speak. Finally, I broke through and was able to say very weakly, "JESUS", and the evil spirits immediately left. I was not dreaming. I was fully awake. It has never happened again. That was over 30 years ago. By the way, I stopped doing pot after that. Not to say that's what you are doing. That was just my experience.

Talking Re: Sleep Paralysis, shadow people

First I would like to say that in my opinion sleeping on your back increases the chance of sleep paralysis. Try sleeping on your right side, especially if you’re sleeping on a full stomach. I try to have my dinner at least 2-3 hours before going to sleep as I have nightmare when I sleep on a full stomach. As per the dream scientist Sigmund Freud, he believes "dreams are the mind's attempt at protecting us from the horrible memories and bad thoughts by releasing them at such a time when our conscious is out of the way and we are able to handle course". I got this info from learnluciddreaming.net, they have a great book on learning to lucid dream. So if you are having bad dreams at night it is because your brain is still thinking about these things as you are a sleep.

In some culture sleep paralysis is considered to be a bad spirit who is messing with you as sleep. They suggest praying before you sleep. Lucid dreamers suggest thinking about what you wanna dream of before you fall asleep, it is called "Dream intent". Some religions suggest cleansing yourself before sleep, such as washing your private parts, wearing clean undies or a shower. They say that cleanliness is key to keeping evil spirits away while we sleep.

Another suggestion I have and I don’t now if this has ever happened to you but, sometimes when you start to sleep you get scary thoughts or think that you are seeing a scary image as you start to fall asleep, and you notice that this is starting to take you into a sleep paralysis state or as if you are going to start a scary nightmare. I suggest you sit up on your bed and try to get rid of this image, feeling or thought out of your mind and then return to sleep. I suffered a lot too with nightmares and sleep paralysis that I was always afraid to go to sleep, but I am much better now.

I hope this helps. Let me know if it works for you. :)