Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    everlast Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hello Aschwartz,

I am so sorry you had to experience such a scary sight but I will say this to you! I don't doubt that there are evil spirits that are around but I do believe that our fears and insecurities among trauma and waking life dramas can create or manifests such negativity or appearance in our spirit......In order to avoid such feelings or apparitions you must remain in prayer and understand your relationship with gOD and the universe...You must also have a good spirit and a clean heart in order to avoid such negativity.....You see we attract certain things to us whether we want to believe it or not....Also, if we are not prayed up and be conscious of our spirit and how we must defend it we leave room for evil spirits to lurk among us.....When I was going through my nasty divorce i was filled with negativity, anger, frustration, pain, and hurt...I too had the paralysis dreams and a ton of nightmares to last me a lifetime but the minute I sought my faith and relenquished all the negativity and made peace with my ex and chose to see the goodness of GOD in all things everything dissappeared and it has been wonderful.....Hope this helps you....

burkspatrick Guest

Default black ball or orbish?

Hi Im new to this forum and I didn't want to create another thread when this one already exits. I'll drift off or start to drift off to sleep and I'll open my eyes and I'll see this black ball for a couple of seconds and then it'll be gone. Last night it was red. This is just recently. Now when I was a kid, though when my dad was in the military I remember one night I got scared and I went to sleep with my mom and dad and I fell asleep and I woke up and saw these red lights kind of like LED lights on the floor I drifted off back too sleep, then re-awoke and saw these red lights was right on top of me and they look more like eyes then I couldn't breathe I tried to fight this thing off and I must have drifted back to sleep because I woke up the next morning and that's all I remember. I'm too afraid to tell my therapist this because she might think i'm schizophrenic or something seeing things for a few seconds while i'm drifting off to sleep.
    Last edited by burkspatrick; 08-16-2009 at 01:29 PM. Reason: bad spelling really bad spelling and clarification

burkspatrick Guest

Default Inguma on wikipedia

Wikipedia just has a little article on Inguma. It says that it is an European legend. Is there a possibility that other cultures has something similar. I do know from my studies in martial arts that in asian cultures when a child is born the parents will give the first born male child a female name in order to ward of evil spirits. The movie Dragon about Bruce Lee seems to imply that Bruce Lee suffered from something similar that his death was caused by overwork and lack of sleep. Just a thought. Sorry if I'm very off topic for this thread.

psychic-test Guest

yes it was paralize sleep

Halo Von Black Guest

Default Very Similar Experience...

It occurred for the first and only time for me one night when my boyfriend at the time had left for a night out with his friend. I didn't feel like going out and was tired so I just went to bed. My position when I fell asleep was on my side, facing the wall. At some point, maybe a few hours after falling asleep, I woke up and went to turn onto my other side. As I rolled over, at the edge of my bed beside me, were two figures. Dark silhouettes. One was taller than the other and I couldn't make out their faces. But their shapes were of human form and at first, I was mind-numbingly terrified. They seemed to be standing with their arms behind them...as if they were clasping their hands together behind their backs. A very relaxed, curious pose. Picture how some people usually hold themselves while scanning items at a garage sale. Strange example but that's what comes to mind. And they were slightly leaning over the side of the bed. As if to "get a good look" at me. I was instantly more alert than I've ever been. Every ounce of fatigue had lept from my body. Like a child, I raised the blankets over my face. It felt instinctual. And in that moment, I'm trying to rationalize what's happening. "Am I being burglarized? Is this my boyfriend and his friend playing a trick on me? Am I dreaming?" But as I asked the last question, I knew that as I rolled over to my other side, my eyes were open. I was awake. Definitely sleepy, but awake. So as I begin to breathe heavier under the covers, I start to get hot and my curiosity was getting the better of me anyway. So I S-L-O-W-L-Y start to peel the blanket away from the corner of my face. And then I pull them all the way down. I...see...nothing. NO one. In a panic, I call my boyfriend and tell him to come home immediately. He asks what's wrong and I tell him that I'm positive that someone has come into our apartment. He tells me that is impossible...he locked the door when he left. Instant goose-bumps. I struggled to think of another possibility of the fact that there were certainly two men in my house just moments ago. But I couldn't justify how. So he tells me that there is nothing to worry about and to go back to sleep. He hangs up. I'm alone again. And one last pang of fear emanates from me as I look at the entrance to my bedroom door. Why did I not realize it before? My beaded curtain. It was drawn shut. If anyone or anything had passed through my doorway, I would have heard the curtain. I would have seen them swaying. But they were still. There wasn't even a draft in the house. So my body won the battle, and I eventually fell asleep.
    I have never been so certain in my life that "shadow people", as you put it, EXIST. I believe I also "woke up in the spirit realm" for a fraction of time and the element of surprise "jolted" me out. Similar to a dreamer learning to lucid dream, at the moment when you realize you're dreaming and you can control things, in a lot of cases the dreamer is so startled by this situation that they "wake" themselves. I feel that I was visited by a pair of spirits, perhaps..watching me sleep. Observing. Even peering into my dream scenes. Whatever the case, I can only hope and ask that I'm never visited by them again. Because the fear I felt was so strong, I could faintly taste it.

-Halo

rjamilford Guest

Default paralysis

i have also had this happen to me so many times over the yearsc and i am always awake. it can be very frightening. there is usually a black shadow that comes with it. usually the shadow stays near the foot of the bed when it happens, but one time it was standing right next to me at the head of the bed and i could feel it pushing my head into the pillow. i didnt feel as though it was trying to harm me but with the combination of not being able to move and a black shadow the only thing i wanted to do was scream but i couldnt move. my partner was sleeping next to me but i couldnt make a sound or a move. im sympathetic for anyone who goes through this also. it is not fun. i have several friends who are into the metaphysical and they tell me that they dont want to harm me. possibly lost spirtis. i believe that i am pretty open to those things.

crapshoot Guest

Default Sleep Paralysis

I have had similar events. Sleep Paralysis - where you wake in the dream and you cant move- I am sure its me waking in the sleep realm or another side - there is more to life than what we experience with out 5 senses - believe that. So I wake and only sometimes get scared -but mostly I wait it out - or I keep trying to sit up or move and it ends with a jerking sort of wake up where I am suddently awake and then realize slowly that I must have been asleep but was soo sure I was awake. I have read that in astral travel one might hear a loud pop in the beginning its the sound your spirit will make when it leaves your body, and many times I have had my sleep paralysis moments begin with a certain pop sound, that is the same in pitch each time. And I look around and everything in my midst is exactly as it should be only sounds are louder, the fan will be louder, almost deafening and I keep trying to move and when I do I feel part of my body moving but cant seem to move the rest. Sometimes I feel a presence and on occasion have felt very much afraid of the presence - in this situations I force myself to wake up - because it feels as though the presence is very real. I tend to wake up instantly if someone was to be in the room or enter the room and look at me - I can feel it always without error and wake up. Unless I am beyond tired or been drinking I will wake if someone is looking at me. And so I am positive there is a presence when I feel one - only to wake and realize there is nothing - but I am certain it wasnt just a dream. I may brush it off as paranoia but there have been a few times I was unsure of.

The presence could be something or not - then again, maybe my mind is just incredibly efficient in its creating the whole thing.

Wilsontheball Guest

I do not want to give the impression of belittling anyone's experiences, but I think that it should be telling that you have a sleep disorder. What you saw, which was something quite simple "unknown" to you is less likely to be understood by accepting you initial fearful impressions of the situation which were likely a result from a fear of not knowing what was happening. Fear leads to misunderstanding. It is more likely what you saw was a product of your condition. Undoubtedly you see or have seen a doctor about this, or your doctor is aware of your condition; you should ask your physician about what happened at the very least to gauge what direction it is appropriate to begin questioning.

For the rest of you, I also find it more likely that the psychosomatic affects of sleep or near sleep had a lot more to do with what you were experiencing. Think of this probabilistically (which is what anything unknown will come down to anyway). It is POSSIBLE that what you saw was something supernatural/metaphysical, just like it is also POSSIBLE that you are misinterpreting some other phenomena, or else your perceptive faculty simply deceived. Though, possible I think the broad range of things are easily explained by misinterpretation or deception and given that all of the listed experiences were happening in various states of sleeping or reduced consciousness I think they are suspect at best.

I too have seen and heard things after a period of sleep deprivation as well as dreams that were difficult to distinguish from reality. I'm sure that had I wanted to believe, or been less prone to question my initial impressions that I would have remained frightened and sound like many of you. But it seems to be a much greater service to your own well being to pursue more likely causes first, and simply saying "I know I wasn't sleeping/deceived/etc." is easy but counter-intuitive. Other people who often have such impressions are drug addicts after long periods of sleep deprivation, who SWEAR what he or she saw was real or that "no I know that wasn't the drugs, I'd be able to tell." Look to the vaste experiences of modern science and do some research (not just unfalsifiable, unverifiable metaphysical crap) FIRST. Starting with your doctor, or a physician who after a few brief questions will probably illuminate quite a lot.

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, shadow people

Quote Originally Posted by Aschwarz View Post
    Hi, i have frequent sleep paralysis and im used to it by now. But what i saw this morning had me tearing for two hours and very frightened. I woke up and it was a normal case of sleep paralysis so i kept trying to move my hand then it did so i opened my eyes looked around then went back to sleep. Now the funny this is that this has not happened before but not even 5 minutes later and i wasnt asleep i had sleep paralysis again! so i struggled to move but this one was differant it was like being attacked. So i opened my eyes and i saw this horrific black, smokey humanoid figure kneeling at the foot of my bed with one hand near my foot. just as i struggled opening my eyes i struggled closing them, but i was too scared it was looking Directly at me but the weirdest/freakiest part was this think had no face it was smoothed and had no facial features at all. what scared me the most though is that my bed is right next to my computer and my father was using it and he was sitting right next to me when this happened and i could see him but i couldnt scream or anything. When i got my eyes closed I prayed to god to deliver me from this evil, then a few seconds later my sleep paralysis was gone and i asked my dad to look around the room he didnt see anything so i opened my eyes and it was gone. I told him about this and he said he has encountered one before. He believes I accidently woke up in a spiritual world, He said it most likely wasnt a demon but a bad spirit.
    What you are describing is a phenomenon that some skeptics use to explain away the concept of alien abduction. Allow me to explain:

Most people that claim they were abducted by aliens say that they were suddenly paralyzed in their bed when little men came in. They generally think that the aliens have some sort of power that paralyzes them in place so they can perform their procedures.

What skeptics, like myself, will say is that the paralysis they experience is simply sleep paralysis- an occurrence that happens when your brain tells your nerves to disable your body for sleep. The reason that this happens is so you don't physically enact what is going on in your dreams so you don't hurt yourself.

So what is happening when they see their "aliens" is their body is still in sleep paralysis and their subconscious is still dreaming so therefor they see these beings.

Pretty sure that is what happened to you.

Just as these people that believe in alien abduction dream about it, you dream about "evil spirits" because you believe in it.

Default Re: Sleep Paralysis, shadow people

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    What skeptics, like myself, will say is that the paralysis they experience is simply sleep paralysis- an occurrence that happens when your brain tells your nerves to disable your body for sleep. The reason that this happens is so you don't physically enact what is going on in your dreams so you don't hurt yourself.
    Actually, what many perceive as paralysis is merely the release of muscle tonicity or readiness, which is a metabolic response to the prolong period of physical inactivity and lack of stimulation sleep produces. Called atonia, our body's musculature loses its elasticity at the onset of dreaming as organs more vital to sustaining our life amid sleep drawn upon our energy reserves. The lack of body movement is not caused by a disabling of our neural responses systems--as in true paralysis--neither does our lack of movement while dreaming occurs to keep us from enacting dream content. Muscle movement is a response to real physical/material sensory stimulation. At the onset of atonia, physical/material sensory stimulation diminishes and does not reach the response centers of the brain as it does during its conscious state. Consequently, the dreaming brain does not generate the neural signals associated with our muscle responses to real physical/material experiences; therefore, we remain motionless while dreaming. Our sleeping brain is able to sense the differences between dreaming and conscious reality though we are often not aware of this distinction while dreaming.

So what is happening when they see their "aliens" is their body is still in sleep paralysis and their subconscious is still dreaming so therefor they see these beings.
    In referencing the state of dreaming it is more precise to refer to it as the workings of the unconscious rather than subconscious. Although unconscious, the brain enters a functional state that produces dreams. Rather than a functional state or mental attribute, subconscious merely describes an influence upon mind. Although dreams may envelope subconscious influences, they arise from the unconscious.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 01-30-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie