Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marys Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by Varzandeh View Post
    Hi,
    Scratching your chest means you will look for news from your family and relatives , three seduce people ( lizards) and one wise pious person like a believer doctor.

Good luck.
    What you said hits a nail right on the head...I have distanced myself from part of my family due to their irrational behavior, but I still long to hear from one person in that whole family...there is 4 of them, 2 evil ones (very polluted souls filled with deep hate, envy and narcissism), one who is a very kind and wonderful person who I love very much and the forth is a neutral. The one I love is very much a deep believer in dreams, psychic power, astrology and is truly wise in the deepest ways, yet tends to hide her wisdom. Can you give me any more incite please?

marys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfjk View Post
    Hi,
    Your dream was caused by your sleeping position. Your dream indicates that you were sleeping on your back with your hand folded over your chest. In this position breathing becomes difficult after about half an hour and your subconscious creates a drem that compels you to move your hands without waking you up. However, before you can do that your level of consciousness has to be raised to just bellow waking level when your brain can make your hads move. It is the bizzare ideas and colors that bring your brain into play.
    This idea is very diffucult to grasp, unless you experiment with dreams and watch people actually sleep and dreams.
    The dream also gives the idea that you have a nice cleavage and often look down to admire it in waking life! :)
    Cheers Wolfjk
    The scientist in me wants to agree with you for a large part, however I am a stomach sleeper that almost never waivers, because laying on my back makes me feel exposed and vulnerable. I know that there is no way I could have actually scratched my chest had I not been on my back, but I am one who does not tend to remember dreams with no real meaning...almost always my dreams are linked to something much deeper and will come to fruition in real life...hence my confusion with this dream. My very European mother thinks the dreams was me pulling out stress and bad luck from myself.
    And yes, I do have nice cleavage and like it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by marys View Post
    The scientist in me wants to agree with you for a large part, however I am a stomach sleeper that almost never waivers, because laying on my back makes me feel exposed and vulnerable. I know that there is no way I could have actually scratched my chest had I not been on my back, but I am one who does not tend to remember dreams with no real meaning...almost always my dreams are linked to something much deeper and will come to fruition in real life...hence my confusion with this dream. My very European mother thinks the dreams was me pulling out stress and bad luck from myself.
    And yes, I do have nice cleavage and like it :-)
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am a stomach sleeper that almost never waivers, because laying on my back makes me feel exposed and vulnerable
    You would be very surprised if you seen a film about your nightly sleep! Everyone moves and changes sleeping positions during an nights sleep. One of the main functions of dreams is to move you about and to keep you comfortable in sleep. You may go to sleep on your stomach but by the time you wake up in the morning you will have been all over the place!
    My experience of watching people sleep is that they respond to any external and internal influences. This has been confirmed by the sleep clinics.
    One of my observations is that sleeper simulate or actually make the movements the dream suggests! In sleep the subconscious is the supreme commander. It tells you what to do without you realising you done it!
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy
    One of the main functions of dreams is to move you about and to keep you comfortable in sleep.
    Actually, movement primarily occurs after the dream has ended. This happens because our body experiences a state of muscle inelasticity called atonia while we are dreaming. Some consider this state to be a type of muscle paralysis, which is an imprecise description. Atonia is the vestigial deactivation of muscle-readiness that occurs as a consequence of prolonged inactivity amid the sleep process.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by DrmDoc View Post
    Actually, movement primarily occurs after the dream has ended. This happens because our body experiences a state of muscle inelasticity called atonia while we are dreaming. Some consider this state to be a type of muscle paralysis, which is an imprecise description. Atonia is the vestigial deactivation of muscle-readiness that occurs as a consequence of prolonged inactivity amid the sleep process.
    Hi DrmDoc,
    It is nice to hear from you!
    [quote]This happens because our body experiences a state of muscle inelasticity called atonia while we are dreaming.[/quot]
    My experiences are different.
    Dear DrmDoc, if you watch a sleeper, you will notice when they are dreaming. You will actually notice that the rapid eyemovement is following a fast moving dream. The dream actually makes the sleeper move and change sleeping positions.
    Simple experiments will show that any external influence changes the dream. If someone is sleeping on the back and you apply a slight pressure towards turning him/her over, after a few seconds you will notice the effort to turn over.
    The idea that there is "atonia"during dreaming or REM can be disproved by stroking the sleepers lips or face with a feather.
    I know you are speaking from a scientific point of view, however the actuality is different. The sleep clinics have shown what happens during sleep.
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy
    It is nice to hear from you!
    It's always a pleasure to find you as a constant and unwaving influence in our dream discussion universe.

if you watch a sleeper, you will notice when they are dreaming. You will actually notice that the rapid eyemovement is following a fast moving dream. The dream actually makes the sleeper move and change sleeping positions.
    Simple experiments will show that any external influence changes the dream. If someone is sleeping on the back and you apply a slight pressure towards turning him/her over, after a few seconds you will notice the effort to turn over.
    The idea that there is "atonia"during dreaming or REM can be disproved by stroking the sleepers lips or face with a feather.
    I know you are speaking from a scientific point of view, however the actuality is different. The sleep clinics have shown what happens during sleep.
    Sleep studies of movement amid dreaming regards some abnormality of brain function that permits such movement. Without functional deficiencies, movement does not normally occur amid dreaming, which has become a mechanism that insures our safety by not allowing gross bodily responses to our dream experiences. If the opposite were true, that dreams arise to change our sleep position, we and all dreaming species would exist in a world of wandering animal amid our most vulnerable state of being. If dreaming effects movement as you have suggested, no dreaming species would escape physical injury during the sleep process.

Atonia affects those muscle groups associated with gross body movement rather that small movements, such as, eye movement and finger twitching. The neural command network associated with such small movements evolved with the brain parts that produce dreaming, which is after the brain parts and neural network associate with gross locomotion.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Unhappy long, thin white worms underneath my skin...

It was horrible.... I was in my bed in a foreign place and had an itch on my knee waking up... in a groggy daze, I reached down and scratched and pulled out an inch-thick, 6-inch long massive grey 'momma' worm and upon realizing even in my sleepy daze threw it on top of my covers... absolutely Horrified.
    I get up to go find some one to help me, I show my mom the raised sections on my skin and she stabs them with needles & proceeds to suck these THIN, 4-inch white 'baby' worms out of my skin and spit them out on the floor, where they ''flatten'' & ''widen'' and continue slithering....
    The entire process she is somewhere else in her mind, I am crying and just terrified and disgusted and bewildered.. Something happens I cannot remember what but she and I separate... I find her again and show her another on my right shoulder blade and she extracts the worm... we separate, she is 'through' helping, I cannot remember why...... and I am still in complete horror... no one really understands the horror I am experiencing and I still have a 6-inch raised worm right on my upper right thigh...
    I go running around trying to find some one to help me and finally just lay face-down in the ground and weep...

Deep appreciation for any perspective.. :confused:
    Last edited by indigodreams; 11-20-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Little worms coming out of my skin!

I also had a weird little white worm dream. My wife and I some how got a huge old house and we were talking about how we'd renovate it, because it was raining outside and there were large holes on the highest part of the walls, just below the ceiling, when all of a sudden these ghosts showed up, and I told my wife and kids that we had to get out of there (except we don't have kids). So we were running and we ended up on the top balcony running across to the next set of stairs. Then my wife and I were in this room, and I touched a small round end table and she screamed "no don't touch that!" I looked down and these tiny white worms had embedded themselves into my left hand, so I took a pair of tweezers and started pulling them out. I couldn't really see them, except a few tiny tail end that barely protruded on the surface of my hand. I started pulling them out bit by bit with a pair of tweezers and killed them between two thumb nails. I kept running my right finger across my left hand trying to feel for them, I some how knew if I didn't get all of them out, they'd burrow themselves further into my hand. So I kept pulling them out, and killing them until I didn't feel them any more. Then I woke up. Strange dream, I know but I'd appreciate any help. Thank you :)
    Last edited by Ritchie; 07-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Default Re: Little worms coming out of my skin!

Hi all and Ritchie, so many people with worms under the skin dreams! In my view, worms under the skin would be parasites. So they would represent that the dreamer was feeling used, or that people were taking advantage of them, or just general thoughts about being taken from, but receiving nothing in return.

With your dream Ritchie, it sounds like you are having a few problems in your relationship with your wife. The house in the dream represents your life (with your wife). It is in need of repair, (representing the problems with your marriage). It is an old house, perhaps symbolising that these relationship problems have been going on for a while. Also, it is raining outside (which symbolises unhappiness of some kind). The ghosts might represent issues which should have been dead and buried years ago, but they keep coming back to haunt you???

When you see the ghosts, you say "we've got to get out of here". So maybe in real life you have contemplated splitting up or something? The children in the dream (which you don't have in reality) might be part of your relationship problems. Maybe you want kids and your wife doesn't? Hmmm, not real sure if that is what it is all about.

With the worms part of your dream, were the worms coming out of your palm? I think palms represent you thinking about the future (eg palm reading). So in this case, it could be about you contemplating having kids in the future and thinking about all the time, energy, emotional stress, money, loss of freedom, all that stuff that comes with having children and you are wondering whether you would get anything in return if you had kids (eg the parasite symbolism part). Your wife says, "don't touch that" which is why I was wondering if maybe she didn't want kids yet or maybe she isn't ready to even talk about it. And as you did touch the thing, that's why I think that you probably want kids more than she does. But I could be way off track with what the worms symbolise. It might be about some other part of your life where you are giving so much but not getting anything in return. Or that people are taking advantage of you or something like that.

Just as an aside, I interpreted another dream where someone was pulling worms out of their hands with tweezers! Unfortunately they never wrote back so I didn't get to see whether the interpretation was right or not. :-|

Anyway, that's my impression/opinion. Let me know what you think. If it doesn't ring true its probably all wrong. Most dreams are about stuff you already know about and already think about.