Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eye dee Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Talking You're right

Since I've written it out and told you everything I haven't had that dream again. My brother calls me now and then but he's very self-centered and never asks about me but at least he's calling. I don't really know how dreams work or why they happen but I have been tracking them and have established that they have something to do with the day before events. Everything gets put into a mixing bowl and bits and pieces of the day come into view. I'd like to go to sleep and just not dream but everynight I have about 3 dreams and they are so vivid and colorful and real.

Thanks for your help. Eye dee:clapping:

mikethompson Guest

Angry

im seeking help and or maybe an answer to why i have sexual dreams about my YOUNGER sister. Its the same dream every time. i wake up truley disturbed. I feel guilty as hell when i wake up. any ideas on why i keep having these reacurring dreams??

Hi,
    Dream language is sometimes disgusting.This is a symbol that means you both will seperate or one will go to a far travel or will see each other very rarely.
    Good luck.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethompson View Post
    im seeking help and or maybe an answer to why i have sexual dreams about my YOUNGER sister. Its the same dream every time. i wake up truley disturbed. I feel guilty as hell when i wake up. any ideas on why i keep having these reacurring dreams??
    Hi,
    If you read the beggining of this thread you would have seen my replies.
    It is same with you. At 18, you are at the peak of sexual desire and often feel aroused near morning. These dreams are created by your subconscious to put you off having wet dreams all the time and to wake you in the morning. The feeling of guilt is part of the waking element in the dreams. However I bet your sister is attractive to you. You've no need to feel guilty about it. When you fall inlove with someone else your dreams will change and focus on your love.
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

sbell2890 Guest

Im so sorry, and as someone who was raped at thirteen, I would liek to know an you dont have to tell me, but did you atleast tell someone? Is this the first time you talked about it? When it first happend I didn't want to talk about it, it made me disgusted with myself, but I learned he was the sick Bast@rd and it is even worse that a family member did it to you. You dream could signify that you have problems trusting your family because, one, Your uncle did that to you, that A hole, and Two, that your family let it happen. If I were you I would talk to someone, maybe a therapist, I talked to my mom and she helped me through it. I never did press charges but I will never ever go near him again. But I have forgiven him and myself, and will never be put in that situation again.
    Good Luck and I hope your dreams stop. I haven't had a dream about it since I started talking about it. Hope it works for you.

“A dream is almost entirely an inner matter and every part of a dream is to be construed as part of the dreamer. (A dream is a drama in which we ourselves are everything, that is, the author, director, actors, and prompter, as well as the spectators) For example if a man dreams of a fair damsel; it is almost certain that his own feminine inner capacity is being addressed. It is only too easy to literalize such a dream figure and explain it as one’s sexual interest or a comment on one’s current girlfriend. If one makes this error the true depth of the dream will be lost - Robert Johnson ‘Inner Work’

Dreams of having sex with a sibling is likely not meant to be taken Literally -

Dreams of incest might represent infantile urges which have not yet developed, due to a fear or guilt, into more expansive expressions of sexuality. If these urges can be accepted in the dream, they usually begin to mature into adult sexuality

Dream language is sometimes disgusting
    I feel it is a mistake to take this point of view about dream language as it’s a judgment that can only get in the way.

Dream language might best be viewed as judgment neutral, as an attempt of making conscious something we might not yet realize about ourselves.

It isn’t then the dream language that is disgusting but perhaps our associations to that language and as such it is these associations that the unconscious is likely trying to inform us about.

for example - A association that sex with a sibling is gross could indicate a undeveloped sexually attitude that views sex as taboo, wrong or gross.

The dream might then be suggesting a more brotherly or sisterly relation to ones sexual attitude - depending on our association to brother or sister.

The dream using the association – gross – to identify the issue - Unconsciously I may veiw my Sexuality as gross, which may be unhelpful attitude to healthy personal growth -

than with the association one might have to the concept of brother or sisters as a solution - one might relate to or connect to ones own sexuality as a part of ones own inner self/family, accepting sexuality as a part, a family member if you will, of your whole SELF – which is made up of many attributes (siblings) and not gross.

(In no way does it have to mean that you literally secretly want to have sex with your sibling.
    and yes such dreams can also be connected, even fragmentarily, with childhood abuse.)
    Last edited by rightleft22; 04-13-2010 at 12:31 PM.