Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Zox18 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy55 View Post
    Hi
    My take on dreams are that they help us to make sense out of our daily lives, and give us necessary inisght into what we need to do in our future. Dreams are where we can get messages from our Angels or Spirit Guides who can show up as people we know who have passed. They can also be a way to work out difficult decisions we need to make by offering up different scenarios and watching the outcome.
    In Love and Light
    According to what you say, i just dont know, in my dreams the next day or same day i have the dream, i just want to be their agian so so so so so so so much, i just have these thoughts of places that i would die for to be their, i would do anything to be there, i want to kill myself just to go there what does this mean???????? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez tell me anyone else have the same thing, i need help pleeeeeeeeeez just help me pleeeeeeeeez

Hi Truth,

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    can two people be in the same dream? visit each other in dreams?
    Although a extremely rare occurrence, one person may indeed commune with another under specific conditions when the other is asleep. It is my experience that such communions may only occur when the visitor to another's dream is at the threshold of death.

There are some who claim to have communed with others in a dream under circumstances other than death. These experiences may not be true communions because people of like minds and common life experiences may have dreams that reflect the shared nature of those mutual experiences. A mother and a daugther, for example, may have a dream of similar content with each in the other's dream as a result of some shared emotionally affecting experience of similar impact on their thoughts and feelings. Such experiences may cause them to think and feel the same things, which can produce dreams that reflect the thoughts and feelings they share. I hope this answers your question.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Hello Zox,

Our dreams can be a mixture of our deepest feelings and desires. It may be that your dreams merely describe your innermost yearnings. If one's life is such that one feels a sense of deep discontent, one's dreams may encompass a solution to one's frustration. The places in our dreams are often descriptions of our mental environment. If our life is sunny and bright, then we may have dreams that reflect this positive glow; however, if our life isn't as bright, our dreams may reflect our gloom. If our dreams appear to be opposite the gloom or brightness in our life, they may portent how we perceive the changes that may affect our mental enviornment or state of mind. I hope this helps.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Truth Guest

DrmDoc,

This person i shared a dream with was not really a close friend but just a good friend. in the beginning of the dream i was talking to an old man and we where standing next to a grave stone. the background of the dream was red and he was holding a gun and it's like i was bringing them together like the connection between. she came in and we faced each other and then i left the dream but when we saw each other the next day she told me everything and then told me what happened after i left the dream. But we haden't been friends that long and i was trying to help her through some nightmares she had been having and going inbetween people for her to help her with answers she needed with the dreaming. I was just wander if i was possible that we had really meet each other in the dream or if i had just imagined it and so had she. but she told me she had seen me in it and she told me the exact smae things i saw. we didn't have a close connection other them me helping her. And i haven't talked to her in awhile but i know she's not dead.

Hello Truth,

If I understand correctly, you had an encounter in real life with the person in your dream before your encounter in a dream. In your life encounter, you were an intermediary in helping her to understand a nightmare. If this is true, then your mutual dream experience reflects the mutual understanding you both have shared through the life experience of helping her with her dream. Dreams are a mental experience and your shared dream experience may reflect the almost identical way you both think and feel about the life experience that has brought you to this moment--figuratively speaking, a kind of meeting of the minds. Essentially, your dreams suggest how much you two agree about some shared life experience.

Evidence of true dream contact would likely involve meeting someone in your dream whom you’ve never met in reality and, subsequent to the dream, meeting this person in real life who would then recall and describe your meeting in her dream the way you remember your own dream experience. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 11-13-2008 at 05:49 PM.

ProblemChild Guest

Unhappy Help

Does this site still work? I posted a question on "Dream Interpretation" about an hour ago and no one has replied. Not sure how this works, but I seem to see alot of old dates on record here. Did I post in the wrong spot?

uofmboy55 Guest

Lightbulb a few questions cuz im new to this

first they say we dream every night, but sometimes we cannot remember them, now there are nights i know i dream, and just forget them, but other nights i sleep and its as if 5 or 10 minutes passes and its morning, and i am never as rested as when i dream even the ones i know i have and forget. why is this. and why is it that i cannot recall them
    second : sleep paralysis and the old hag. all the ones i read are about feeling pressure and hearing things and seeing shadows. well my shadow was sitting on my chest giving me a kiss , when i opened my eyes, right then the shadow sucked up toward the top of my room. and then i realized my paralysis. is this just one of the sevral ways it happens or what.

Mattimeo Guest

Question an idea to test

I know that humans are not the only dreamers I want to prove this by finding some way to find out what my dog (or cats) dream about. any idea how to do that?:confused: ?

mr. Zim Guest

Unhappy dream stuff

I know that humans are not the only dreamers I want to prove this by finding some way to find out what my dog (or cats) dream about. any idea how to do that? ?
    you could always get an animal whisperer. my sister is one, but I wouldn't recommend her because she doesn't actually like spending her time talking to other peoples animals... But yea.

I had a question too. I'm, right now, doing a research paper on lucid dreaming for my chemistry class (it doesn't actually have to have any chemistry in it) and I was wondering if you could help me figure out what else I could put in the background info. I already have written about... basically the "origin", cycles of sleep, sleep disorders (usually caused by a lack of REM atonia), Reoccuring dreams, dream meaning / symbolism and prophetical dreams... and I still need another page of background information...

Hello Mr. Zim,

As a tie-in to your chemistry studies, how about a relatively recent discovery: The neuropeptide Orexin-A has been shown to reverse the affects of sleep and dream deprivation. If this substance can be produced in pill form, it could virtually eliminate the need for sleep. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 12-13-2008 at 01:47 PM.