Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    thachalatch Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default christian connection

there is an interesting stories of dreams in the bible: Joseph was the son of Israel, one day he had a dream that he would rule over his brothers. The brothers didn't want this to happen, so they sold Joseph to a passing Egyptian caravan. A few years later, Joseph translates two dreams for two people while in prison. when one of those two people left prison, he tells the pharaoh how talented Joseph was. So Joseph gets the opportunity to translate Pharaoh's dreams. Joseph is successfully and becomes second in command of Egypt (which included his brothers).

Hi Thachalatch,

Although I welcome your comments, is there a question? In my last comments, I suggested how precognitive dreams arise to prepare us for some eventuality rather than provide opportunities to alter future events. Your reference to a passage in the Christian Bible appears to support my position. The actions of Joseph's brothers did not change the future Joseph foresaw in a dream.

DrmDoc
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Dee-Uhz Guest

Default Repeated dreams

Hello all, i'm a newcomer here...
    wow..this site is really amazing!..:clapping:

Btw, i have many questions i would like to ask..this is one of them.

Why do we have repeated dreams? (so sorry if u guyz have had this discussion before)
    A few years back, i had this dream, about my dad..we were in a hall of a very fancy hotel in europe (well, at least i thought it was in europe, since it has many hirogliefs and statues on top of its pillars). i was standing in the middle of a 'not very wide hall', just about 2m wide. And my father was standing there in front of me. In his hands (both of them) were bouqet of blood-red roses (or it seems to be like red roses)..
    He walked towards me, and gave me the bouqet, no words said from him, just giving me the bouqet..and walked pass me, going outside the hotel.
    For a minute, i was puzzled by the flowers he gave me, and a second later i felt like he was going to leave me for sure..(like being abandoned or something like that).
    I turned my back and started crying and calling my dad to come back. But he kept walking. And in the end, i went up to a 'teras-like' place, and i saw my dad (from the upstairs teras) walked outside the hotel and didn't even look back.
    I cried my tears out, and a second after i woke up with tears running down my face.
    A few days later, i have the same dream...the same..
    And i ended up having tears on my face when i woke up.

It repeated about 3 - 4 times, but not consecutively...
    And while i was dreaming, i even remembered how my dream would go...

What does that mean?
    It's not the first time i have repeated-dreams in my sleep, and most of the time, while i was dreaming, i would know how my dream's happenings (the things that are going to be said, who will appear, etc)..and sometimes if my dreams are bad, i even could stop it from happening, since i know how it goes.

Why do i have dreams like that?

Hello Dee-Uhz,

Dreams, from my study and experience, are primarily about influences from our conscious experiences that have a persistent unconscious affect on our mind and emotion as we sleep. Dreams that repeat reflect the influences of those experiences that remain unresolved. Often, our conscious experiences will cause us to relive or re-experience thoughts and feelings from our past. It is likely that your repeated dream reflects the way your life experience causes you to re-experience thoughts and feelings from your past. If I may also add, there are strong indications that your dream could be a form of ADC (after-death-contact). ADC are the dreams we experience in the moment of a loved one's passing when their departing soul seems to reach-out to us. I hope this helps.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

Hello, DrmDoc.

I have been interested in dreams since i was five years old, because of a dream i had that showed me things that would happen if certain things took place. When i woke up i had to repeat what i did in the dream, to find out if those things would happen, and they did.

I didnt start looking into why we dream untill my teen years, and have been doing that for over thirty years now. Like you, I have my own ideas, and ways i interpret for the reasons that i believe in.

Most dream interpretation sites i have gone to, are not very impresive. They only being interested in selling their version of dream interpretation ideas, or strictley moderating to force their ideas. I dont normally come across anyone that is open minded or willing to learn or trade ideas. Even with some people i come across, they having their own reasons for interpreting because of something simular as to what took place with me at a early age. I have a interesting system, that makes sence, and have tried to pass that information along for the past ten years on those sites.

My opinion on why we all dream is to store information first, like a recording. Each action during our waking hours, will be recorded symbolically with our five sences into a object, and people are objects to, into a stream of objects and actions to record the day, and for this no memory of the dreams are needed. The reason we store information in symbols is so each day can be looked at by our mind to see if there is anything that doesnt match.

Also in my opinion we dream because of trauma with our mind, when those symbols do not match. Our control of efforts from our waking life sets this into place, and is recorded because of what we say and do, say out loud. So our actions in life control what we believe is right, and sets those symbols according to that.

We dream of symbols because its the opposite of relationships, because its relationships that trauma comes from. Our belief system comes into play in our strugle to resolve those conflicts. We dream the day, then our mind checks against it database, then if there is a resolve we will dream of it.

Dreams of resolve can come in different forms, our fears, Which reflect in emotion dreams. public dreams, which is how other people view us, also is being right or wrong. Outcome dreams, which is where we put our efforts, right or wrong ways of doing things, and shows us where are efforts got us, and is often shown in dreams as gifts. Symbolic dreams, which is what we need to know, are answers to question or observations, is what those symbols mean to us. Those are some i know of off hand.

How they interlink with life trauma has to do with what we care about, the stronger the emotion, the more likely it is we will dream of it. This can effect our physical being if we were to get hit in the head, then go blind because of a fear, or belief of getting hit in the head. The reason for the blindness is to resolve the trauma, the fear or blief that was wrong, the unresolved symbols in the mind. Its not untill that individual is faced with the same trauma through different means that the old belief or fear is faced, and the trauma resolved, and the symbols are changed in the mind. Thats because our physical life controls our beliefs and the symbols within the mind. Some people getting hit in the head will cause them to become smarter, because their belief system is to oursmart the incoming trauma.

The reason religion plays such a part in dream interpretation is because of the belief system, and will cause many dreams because of the conflict with change. But also because of the likeness of symbolizm. Deam interpretation used to be used all the time within religion, but was a forgotten art because the information died out.

Its also my opinion that all life, having a mental ability to learn, which is any animal that has to learn by watching in order to servive, has to have a relationship, and has to change what they do depending on where they live in order to servive, needs to dream in order to servive. In order to deal with their suroundings. Its not only what causes the changes in what they do, its also what they become.

The reason some people only get worse, is because the trauma thats needed to correct the problem is to great, they already because of their cercumstances in life have damaged themselves to the point they are numb, so can not feel enough. Anyone knows that the automatic respons of young age is to have the same feelings, so anyone that doesnt understand would have to face the same cercumstances. Change coming from and because of age.

So the reasoning for everything that isnt very obvious, is our basic personality, with everyone genetically having the same systems in place. Our minds see it, but we have a hard time seeing this in our controling life. We all have the same mental set ups, though our bodys and stress may tell us we need to find a different way of doing something, and only seems to the eye others can be stupid. Its our controling nature and how we feel about what we do and what works for us thats placed onto others, and causes the trauma. Our minds see the symbolism, the likness, but our eyes dont.

Those are my opinions, my thoughts of over thirty years of experaince with my dreams, and outcomes, with my life, and with other peoples in their personal lifes, and in the interpretation sites. I find my system works well, and also interfaces most questions that come up.

pardon the spelling errors.

copyright of holydiver.

Hello Holydiver,

In a previous post to Hotshots, I talked about the potent influence of religion on our psychology and how, in my opinion, our dreams primarily reflect the persistent and potent influences upon our psychology. If our dreams reflect our psychology, then they reflect what we deeply think and feel regardless of the validity of those thoughts and feelings.

It may be that the things we've come to think and believe about dreams are validated by our dream experiences because our dreams primarily describe whatever we may think and believe whether or not those thoughts and beliefs are valid. So the question is, how do we validate our ideas about dreams and dreaming without the bias of our personal belief?

My interest in dreams and dreaming from the very beginning was in the truth even when that truth was an affront to my personal beliefs. The validation my dreams experiences seem to provide over the years was not sufficient proof of my beliefs validity. I think that validation of our ideas must also come from sources beyond personal or subjective experience.

In my search for objective validation of my beliefs and ideas about the nature of dreams, I turned to science and established methods of logic and reason. Following these method, I soon learned that any idea we form about the nature of dreams should apply universally to all dreaming animals. This meant that to find the truth about dreams, we have to investigate why other animals appear to dream as well.

My investigation as to why we and other animals dream took my research back in time (over 540 million years) to the very first forms of life in the fossil record of life on earth. In my journey forward to contemporary life forms, I learned how and why we dream by following the likely path of development of the dreaming brain. Empirically, dreams as products of our psychology are not possible without the neurological structure we have evolved to support dreaming. I firmly believe that we risk misinterpretation and self delusion when we form any ideas about the true nature of dreams without a substantial basis in brain evolution.

For example, many prominent dream researchers believe the muscle paralysis we appear to experience while dreaming was evolved to prevent the sleeper from acting upon dream content and causing self injury. My research shows that what we experience isnít muscle paralysis and that our lack of locomotion while dreaming evolved as a function of sleep in ancestral animals before those primitive animals evolved dreaming brains. The footprints of that evolution resides in the brains of every dreaming species.

In my view, how our brain evolved to dream explains why we dream, why dreams are forgotten easily, and why our eyes move while our bodies remain motionless. Our brainís evolution even explains the content and language of our dreams. In my opinion, the foundation of our ideas and truths should be clear, firm, and supported by independent evidence. I welcome your further thoughts.

harrywilliams Guest

Default hi

harry williams

i want to know more about u

WideCircles

Hi Harry,

What would you like to know?

Luna Guest

I beleive thAT dreams are omens from God.....I don't think that any scientist can explain why u can have a dream and it happens in the future.

Hi Luna,

I understand how science sometimes seems to take all the mystery, majesty, and joy from many of the ideas and experiences we hold dearly. If one wants to ignore or disagree with science, then that is one's choice. However, a denial of science does not invalidate the enlightenment and progress it has brought to humanity. Unfortunately, we cannot return to the Eden of blind bliss, faith, and belief given the increasingly perilous nature of human existence. We need to know as much about ourselves and the true nature of our experiences so as not to be misled into potentially harmful and backward ways of thinking and living our lives. Science, when rightly applied, lifts the veil of ignorance so that we may all benefit. Because of science, we understand more about the nature of ourselves and our universe and, consequently, humanity has received immeasurable benefits from that understanding. If one is sincerely interested in a path to truth, science is the foundation of that path. Without the understanding of dreams and dreaming that science can provide, we risk being misled by beliefs and ideas that are no more than fairytales passed from grandparent to child. Science can and does explain more than many of us care to believe about the true nature of our dream experiences.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 09-28-2008 at 10:34 PM.