Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Gypsy55 Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

[QUOTE=DrmDoc;32275]Hi Gypsy,

Do you think that other animals receive spiritual messages through their dreams? I welcome your continued interest.

Spiritual messages need to be heard and deciphered, I think that some animals have that capability, while others simply dream to reset the energy for the next day. The Univeral energy that we all accept as life, is simpicity in its highest form, some animals have no need to change what is sent to them and what they are, while others need to make changes to advance to a higher level of understanding. eg: some animals can be taught to do things that are far beyond the realm of their species, therfore they must use and manipulate the energy to access the dream function and learn from any messages they receive. People use this function daily whether they remember their dreams or not.

Default different dreams

Dear Drmdoc,

From my experience in the dream world, I think there are different types of dreams, which have different functions:

Thoughts from during the day which include influence from TV. These have no particular function and are just thoughts running through your mind.

Emotional dreams. The content of the dream is insignificant. What matters in these dreams is the reaction it raises. Are we fearful of something, or anxious? These can used to overcome worrying situations in daily life. If you become lucid in a dream you can face these fears head on and realise that actually there isnít anything to fear.

Messages. I believe that non physical beings have the ability to influence our dreams for better or worse. Either, messages from loved ones who have past away: light beings who are trying to help you, or dark beings that are intent on putting fear into your mind.

Spiritual dreams. These are always lucid dreams where you are able to advance your spiritual practice such as mediation or kundalini activation.

Your question about stopping bad dreams is a good one. The only way that I have found to stop lucid dreams (I donít know if you are able to stop bad dreams unless you are lucid) is to mediate in your dream. Get your dream body into lotus position, mediate and watch everything just fade away.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--William Shakespeare, Hamlet "I.v.174-75"

Quote Originally Posted by ”Peter”
    CI believe that dreams are a form of entertainment that our brain puts on as it waits for the next day. Sitting there not thinking is probably pretty boring, some people can do it (the non-dreamers) other people can't stop thinking. And when all other sensory is cut off from conscious mind, our brain thinks up a new world and it feels real.
    Hi Peter,

When I became interested in studying dreams and dreaming many years ago, I was more interested in understanding dream content than why we dream. I soon learned that content alone did not give me all the answers I sought. When I began to study the neurological nature of dreaming, the answers I was seeking began to surface. Did you know that non-dreamers do have dreams?

Dream recall is memory dependent: some of us awake without memories of having a dream because the part of our brain that promotes memory only becomes active as we awake from dreaming. As we age, it becomes increasingly difficult to capture dream content in the instant between the end of a dream and arousal to wakefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Peter”
    Except when my sister comes to visit me in my dream, they are very different types of dreams. They feel so real that they had to have been real. I believe that spirits can visit us in our dreams. And they can tell us what lies beyond. My sister told me what heaven was like, and what happened at the accident.
    After death contact (ADC) dreams are perhaps the most profound because they appear to confirm the idea of life persisting beyond death.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Gypsy”
    Spiritual messages need to be heard and deciphered, I think that some animals have that capability, while others simply dream to reset the energy for the next day. The Univeral energy that we all accept as life, is simpicity in its highest form, some animals have no need to change what is sent to them and what they are, while others need to make changes to advance to a higher level of understanding.
    Hi Gypsy,

Do you think the idea of some spiritual significance in animal dreams suggest a shared spirituality with humanity? Do animals have spiritual guides and do you think they truly have minds with ambitions to some higher realm of thought? I welcome your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Idgy”
    From my experience in the dream world, I think there are different types of dreams, which have different functions:

Thoughts from during the day…Emotional dreams…Messages…Spiritual dreams…
    Hi Idgy,

I agree; dreams are as varied and as infinite as the nature of thought and the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ”Idgy”
    Your question about stopping bad dreams is a good one. The only way that I have found to stop lucid dreams (I don’t know if you are able to stop bad dreams unless you are lucid) is to mediate in your dream.
    Again, I agree; meditatation before sleep appears to be as effective as prayer before bedtime—it appears to quiet one’s thoughts and calm one’s soul.
    Last edited by DrmDoc; 02-06-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    "Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart; live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours." Dale Carnegie

DRMDoc,
    Thank for your reply. Although I think you may have misunderstood me. Although mediation is good before sleep, it's very interesting to try meditating whilst lucid in your sleep. If you get into Lotus position with your dream body, it really generates alot of energy. And anything that was scary in your nightmares, just dissappears.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--William Shakespeare, Hamlet "I.v.174-75"

Gypsy55 Guest

Hi Gypsy,

Do you think the idea of some spiritual significance in animal dreams suggest a shared spirituality with humanity? Do animals have spiritual guides and do you think they truly have minds with ambitions to some higher realm of thought? I welcome your thoughts.

Hi DrmDoc
    Not sure if I want to say that animals have ambitions to anything. I believe that everything, humans, animals, plants, fish etc have spirits, and that they can connect with each other within the same species. They, just like humans are forms of Universal Energy and leave their human form on death. As for having guides, its a thought.....something I really have not thought about before, but definately something to think about. I think the animal process of thought stays within the survival and comfort mode, as does their dream process. I don't believe any animal has the same concerns for improvment and self betterment that fuels the human mind.

Hi DrmDoc,
    Dream recall is memory dependent: some of us awake without memories of having a dream because the part of our brain that promotes memory only becomes active as we awake from dreaming. As we age, it becomes increasingly difficult to capture dream content in the instant between the end of a dream and arousal to wakefulness.
    Would not it be more likely that the parts of the dream one canít remember activate the brain? My perception is that the level of consciousness is controlled by dreams. Iím sure you are familiar with idea that consciousness has a tendency to fall naturally to the level of its surrounding and needs a constant input of quantum energy to keep it above equilibrium. The lower levels of consciousness are beyond the scope of the brain and probably beyond measuring at the present day. We can only guess what goes on in deep sleep. However looking back into the beginning of a dream sometimes one can perceive the input of quantum energy: light and colour. After that the dream becomes more perceivable; with story line and ideas, at times very strange ones.

As we age, it becomes increasingly difficult to capture dream content in the instant between the end of a dream and arousal to wakefulness
    I am in a good position to comment on the above quote! :)
    At my age I can remember more of my dreams. I can also look further back into the dream and have a glance at the chaos, violence, and strange ideas needed in the early part of dreams to raise the level of consciousness.
    Cheers Wolfjk
    Dreaming is a vital function of life

Jennings Guest

Hi All, there are so many questions arising here begging answers. Thanks Doc meantime for the comment on ageism on not being able to recall one's dreams; it looks as if, at 77, I've become a member of the SC's club! From my own observations I would suggest that this feature is due to the elderly, in the main, freewheeling through life. Whenver I have a problem then I tend to dream and recall it but, mostly, at my stage, I am more accepting and tolerant of life and of people that little worries me these days and hence the reason why I can squander time persuing interests that previously were of a low priority. With little to worry one then there is less energy behind dreams to recall them.

Gypsy's comment that dreams are messages that require to be deciphered, which in the main appears to be correct but, there is a contradiction existing here; why should we be given dreams to help or assist us in terms that require decoding or unraveling? A paradox, a paradox!

In the case of animals and their dreams; surely their dream components would and could only be related to their social and survival requirements. As pack animals in particular have a heirarchy like all social animals then dreams of status have to be a feature of their idealism which would be reflected in dreaming, indeed, I would suggest this is an important component. Animals are imprisoned by their instincts which are very powerful and they do not comprehend the passion that humans display towards them. It is a mistake to love an animal as if it had human feelings; animals find security in leadership and not in misplaced love. Somehow we humans appeared to have broken most of our bonds on those innate, involuntary, instincts, which has left us vulnerable to exploitation and abuse. Animals too are exploited but only partially and only certain ones. Maslow's heirarchy of needs supports this view but we have another trait that is significant to us as social animals and that is the ability to copy or to learn from others; animals certainly possess this capacity but to a considerably lesser extent. This would possibly suggest that our dreams are more sophisticated than those of others species. We humans tend to need to learn from each other for our survival; other animals are not so dependent except for nourishment and protection when infants.

I am not fully convinced on the distinction you mentioned between imagination and noctural dreaming. When the imagination is given free reign (daydreaming) where is the dividing line outside neurology? If my libido is high then I daydream of having sexual encounters and whenever I retire and continue to feel the same way then I dream whilst asleep of the same sexual encounters. Both surely stem from the subconscious and possibly preceded by the unconscious or possibly the instinctual?

Surely it is best to believe in magic than to attempt to kill it through intellectualising? Irrespective of how deeply we probe a subject the question of why always remains.

Gypsy55 Guest

Hi Jennings
    Your question on the need for deciphering dreams......If we were given the full answer to our questions in our dreams it would take away the need for the thought process and the free will that makes us who we are. We need that ability of thinking through our dreams to keep our minds active and to advance our knowledge.
    We are all born with a life path that leads us back to our higher self (soul) and god, how we get from point A to point B is our choice, and the paths to chose from are numerous.

Jennings Guest

Gypsy, I follow what you say on the two points mentioned but in the decphering feature it does look like a universal language through which dream messages are imparted which enables anyone to interpret the dreams of other nationalists. The question that intrigues me is that in our dreams verbal communication occurs in our native language, so why then should the message our dreams contain be clothed in a language that few can understand? To turn the question around; if our dreams communicate to us in a universal language then why is it that the language we all speak is not universal? We use metaphor frequently to describe what we need to communicate and dream language consists of metaphor so why this dichotomy between outer and inner communication?

I do accept, although reluctantly, that we are born with our future mapped but it is such a controversial subject that is not easily understood. When one considers the vast numbers that are slaughtered in this world of ours or who, say, are held in secure establishments against their wills; were they then born to suffer such a fate? It seems doubtful yet why does it occur? My logic cannot accept that if there exists such a devine creature as a God that he (or whatever it is) would make such a foolish blunder. This old world of ours that moves through cosmic space seems totally unaware of the disasters that it creates in its wake. As the ancient Persian poet Khayyam said, "Make game of that which makes as much of thee"! Had I known, prior to birth, the life that lay ahead of me, I would have chosen to remain dead (or unborn if you prefer). I have had an abundance of evidence indicating that there is a spiritual side to life but all I can say is that when I pass-over I do not want to be part of it.

The term free will is just a 'red herring'!

Gypsy55 Guest

Hi Jennings
    I don't believe I said Universal Language, I think what I said was Universal Energy and there is a big difference. The language we dream in is usually our mother tongue.

Quote by Jennings
    I do accept, although reluctantly, that we are born with our future mapped but it is such a controversial subject that is not easily understood. When one considers the vast numbers that are slaughtered in this world of ours or who, say, are held in secure establishments against their wills; were they then born to suffer such a fate? It seems doubtful yet why does it occur? My logic cannot accept that if there exists such a devine creature as a God that he (or whatever it is) would make such a foolish blunder. This old world of ours that moves through cosmic space seems totally unaware of the disasters that it creates in its wake. As the ancient Persian poet Khayyam said, "Make game of that which makes as much of thee"! Had I known, prior to birth, the life that lay ahead of me, I would have chosen to remain dead (or unborn if you prefer). I have had an abundance of evidence indicating that there is a spiritual side to life but all I can say is that when I pass-over I do not want to be part of it.

Although we chose a life path before birth, many people fail to remain on that path, We are given many choices throughout our time on earth and most people stray from the original path, some down roads that are so far removed from their original choice that to blame their corruption or circumstances on God would be a great injustice. Everyones life path is filled with obstacles that we need to learn from and overcome, and it is how we deal with these obstacles that can lead us back to the right path or further away. All paths eventually lead back to where we started no matter how many wrong or right paths we have chosen along the way.