ItalianStatues Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default I died in my dream but didn't wake up

I had this dream one year ago.

My friends and family and I were all in a movie theatre watching a movie. A man with a gun entered the theatre from the back and started shooting at people's heads and killing them. I screamed to everyone, "Duck under the seats!" so that he couldn't hit our heads. He then walked down the aisle and would stop at a row and shoot everyone who was lying down, killing them. We started to move out of the rows of seats and onto the aisle which had stairs. I scrunched myself up against a stair, so that if he were to shoot down the aisle, the bullet wouldn't hit me. But, the man just kept walking down the aisle and paused on the step above me, looking down at me. I raised my head, looked at him, and asked him, "Please stop shooting us." He raised his gun and shot me in the head. I died. Instead of waking up, I viewed my dream from outside of my body. I was standing close to my dead body and saw my ghost rise up out of my body. My ghost took the gun from the man and then swallowed it. When my ghost swallowed the gun, everyone's spirits returned to their bodies, including my own. Then, I woke up.

Is it common to die in a dream and not wake up? Every other dying dream I've had, I've woken up before I would've died. I can't recall any dying dreams since the one I've just described.

-x-hanspan-x- Guest

Talking

that is so weird, i had a dream last nyt that i got shot in the head by some woman that was keeping us hostage.. i didnt feel pain but i felt myself dying if that makes sence... i didnt wake up and then wen i realised it was a dream i couldnt make myself wake up it was so weird!! everytime i opened my eyes they would close again!! it seemed sooooo real..

Hi,
    You were killed then was alive means you will have a long life.
    Here are all the scenarios about being killed.

If one dreamt someone killed him means he will have a long life.
    If dreamt he killed someone but didn't decapitate him means he will do him a favor.****88
    If dreamt a group were killed means he will have a benefit.The Israelian /33.
    If dreamt someone killed him in oppression means he is oppressed and someone will revenge for him.The Pilgrimage /60.
    If one dreamt killed his own child means he will receive moral livelihood. The Livestock/151.
    If one dreamt killed a fierce animal or an insect or a roach means he will overcome the enemy.

You were killed means you will have a problem solved

If one dreamt he was a hostage or was kidnapped means he will keep away from a sin.***8
    If dreamt his child or his wife or a friend was a hostage means someone will oppress him.
    If dreamt someone was his hostage means that a person will need him.
    Some interpreters say if he was a hostage means his belief is spoiled. The clothed one/38.
    Dreams are scenes of daily day happenings in real life when interpreted will come and pass.This may happen in the near future in a few days to a month or two.
    People are asleep, when die they will wake up.
    42. God takes the souls at the time of their death, and those that die not during their sleep; then He withholds those on whom He has passed the decree of death and sends the others back till an appointed term; most surely there are signs in this for a people who reflect.

a dream where i woudnt die is when 2 people in black tuxedo were chasing me and som1 unkown it was night and i came by a huge skyscraper i runned up the stairs till me and the guy where at the roof i runned to the side of the roof the 2 tuxedo guys luaghed at us and said you cant run now can you? And then i grinned and said: Watch me. They were like, WTF? and then they shooted the guy with me in the heart and so did they by me but it didnt had an effect i turned and jumped of the sky scraper the 2 tuxedo guys said: what an idiot... assuming i died but i didnt i came back at the roof they were gone and i jumped again just for fun cos i got this strange but fun feeling in my stomage when i fall from somthing in a dream the tower was like 400meters high and i kept goin up and jumping of till i woke up ^^

i realy enjoyed myself in the dream by jumping of the 400meters high tower :laughbounce:

-x-hanspan-x- Guest

Talking

lucky you for surviving, hahaha!!!:clapping: before that dream i had about being shot, i had a dream just before that one where i was in town shopping and there were ppl shooting at everyone and i got shot in the arm and everyone was bleeding, it was sooo weird :o ... im still freaked out that i died in my dream, haha... i thort ppl woke up just before somethnig like that happened!!:confused:
    i seem to have a lot of dreams about being held hostage or being wanted by the iraq army.. probs becoz im scared they will try to kiil everyone in the uk, lol :eek:

dreamcurious18 Guest

Smile

To dream that you are in a theater, signifies that you will derive much pleasure from new companionships. Consider also how the performance parallels to situations in your waking life. Observe how the characters relate to you and how they may represent an aspect of yourself. You may be taking on a new role.

To dream that you are watching a movie, suggests that you are watching life pass you by. Perhaps you are living vicariously through the actions of others. Consider also how the movie parallels to situations in your waking life. Observe how the characters relate to you and how they may represent an aspect of yourself.

To see a man in your dream, denotes the masculine aspect of yourself - the side that is assertive, rational, aggressive, and/or competitive. If the man is known to you, then the dream may reflect you feelings and concerns you have about him.

To dream that you have been killed, suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions. Alternatively, it refers to drastic changes that are happening in your life.

This dream may also represent a part of you or your life that you wish would leave you alone and stop creating a nuisance. Killing may represent the killing off of old parts of yourself and old habits.

To dream that you are murdered, suggests that some important and significant relationship has been severed and you are trying to disconnect yourself from your emotions. It also represents your unused talents.

To see a gun in your dream , symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun can represent the penis and male sexual drive. Thus the gun may mean power and impotence.

To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun, suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You may feel victimized in some situation.

To dream that you die in your dream, symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or in your life. Although such a dreams may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm and is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind. These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something.

On a negative note, to dream that you die may represent involvement in deeply painful relationships or unhealthy, destructive behaviors. You may feeling depressed or feel strangled by a situation or person in your waking life. Perhaps your mind is preoccupied with someone who is terminally ill or dying. Alternatively, you may be trying to get out of some obligation, responsibility or other situation.

To see someone dying in your dream, signifies that your feelings for that person are dead or that a significant change/loss is occurring in your relationship with that person. Alternatively, you may want to repress that aspect of yourself that is represented by the dying person.

In general, ghosts symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. You may be afraid of death and dying. Alternatively, ghosts are representative of something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates a feeling of disconnection from life and society. This dream may be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

To dream that you swallow something, indicates that you are holding back your feelings or words. You may feel unable to express your anger.

This is what I could find about the symbols in your dream. Usually dreams are all about you. Like the gun man is an aspect of yourself and the people are aspects of yourself that you do not like. About dying in dreams, I don't know exactly what they mean, but here you go. Apply this and see if it works for anything that is going on with yourself. I hope this helps

parkourneko Guest

Default reaper of death killed me?

i had a dream a while ago and it was strange.
    i was in a white circle with some friends and a couple of yards away was one of my friends in his own white circle, and he tossed us a cd case but it didnt make it so i got out of the circle and went and got it right when i look up the reaper of death cuts my head off. i didnt wake up though, everything went black and i heard voices around me saying my name and saying some other things that i cant remember :confused: thats all i can actually remember that happened so what could that mean?

blueone Guest

Default when I died

When I died I was dipped in acid and it felt very warm. I did not fight at all because somebody told me they would kill me and if I tried to run or tell anybody that they would kill my best friend's son in front of us in a horrible way then he would kill her, then kill me anyway. Then I turned into a ghost. This is strange because I am a very aggressive and dominant person but I care deeply about my friends; however, I did not even know the person (in real life) who was my best friend.
    Normally I have lucid dreams but not this time. A few nights later I had another dream and a guy was about to rape and stab me and I realized that I was dreaming and I forced myself to wake up right before I got hurt and it hurt so bad. My head and chest felt so much pain but I just laid there for a couple minutes then went back to sleep.
    Both of these are very different from my normal dreams. I cannot ever recall dying, even though I have come close when zombies are chasing me but I will just rewind my dream a little and change what went wrong. These dreams were very weird.

Default Re: I died in my dream but didn't wake up

This is actually pretty common, although it can be very jarring.